Coaches, Players, Fans– We want to hear from YOU!
High School Preseason Rankings
High School Preseason Ranking work is underway and we want to offer you the opportunity to let us know who you think belongs among the top 20 in your region and why. Our process is always to start where we finished the previous season so our starting place is the 2016 Final Rankings, which we have linked below. We are looking for specific feedback on why a team should be higher/lower- new coach, graduated strong senior class, return strong core group, etc. Did we miss someone that should be on there? We are looking for state and region specific feedback, especially teams who play out-of-state opponents. Scrimmages don’t always make the headlines- if there is a big early preseason match-up- we want to know all about it!
Email us your feedback/votes/thoughts/rankings to email@example.com with the subject “Preseason High School Rankings Feedback.” There isn’t an exact deadline for feedback, but we are looking to reveal our preseason Regional Top 20s and National Top 25 at the end of August/first week of September, so sometime over the next two weeks will give us the best change to take feedback into consideration.
High School Preseason Regional Players-to-Watch
We are also accepting feedback on potential Preseason Regional Players-to-Watch. Again, we always begin with how players finished out the 2016 season for these and will begin by taking a good look through our High School Awards Central, linked below. Players must be projected to be among the top performers in their state to be considered. Players do not have to be nominated to be considered.
If you have a deserving player you would like us to consider, please email admin@maxfieldhockey by Wednesday, August 23rd with the subject “High School Player Nomination” and include the following information:
- Your name, relationship to the player you are nominating (we will accept these from anyone, but more heavily weigh the ones from HS coaches)
- HS Coach Name & Email (if you are not their coach)
- Player Name
- School Name (State)
- Class (Sr, Jr, So, Fr) *very rarely freshmen are considered for this award
- 2016 season summary (performance, stats, recognitions, thoughts). We really want to hear about how they stood out last season and will stand out this season not just on their team, but in the conference, state, etc.
- Note: we do not care much about USA Field Hockey recognitions/selections, etc. This is a High School award and we are concentrating on performance during the High School season