Facility Map & Rules
Directions, Parking & Arrival Protocol
Player Waiver, Concussion Awareness
Games & Warm-ups
Schedule, Fields, Home/Away, Uniforms
Officials, Scorers Table Responsibilities
Overtime Rules & Procedures
Athletic Trainers, Water & Ice
THE PROVING GROUNDS MAP & FACILITY RULES
1. NO PETS PERMITTED AT THE FACILITY
2. NO OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGES PERMITTED- PLAYERS AND REFS ARE ALLOWED TO BRING 1 WATER BOTTLE
3. NO GUM, NO SEEDS, NO TOBACCO AT THE FACILITY
4. NO OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE OR GESTURES
5. PUT TRASH IN DESIGNATE TRASH CANS
6. THIS IS A NON-SMOKING FACILITY, NO E-CIGARETTES
7. PREMISES UNDER VIDEO SURVEILLANCE
8. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY DIAL 911
9. CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES
10. RUDE, INAPPROPRIATE, AND DISRESPECTFUL LANGUAGE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL RESULT IN FACILITY EJECTION
DIRECTIONS, PARKING & ARRIVAL PROTOCAL
The Proving Grounds
725 Conshohocken Road
Conshohocken, PA 19428
(See Facility Map Above) Teams and fans should enter The Proving Grounds through the main entrance on Conshohocken Road. Busses should drop off teams at the main entrance to the fields (near the Villanova field and field #1). Bus parking is back towards the main entrance, to the side/back of the indoor turf. Fans may park in the main parking lot.
We will have a registration tent there to welcome you and assist you in getting to the bathrooms and appropriate field, athletic trainer, etc. We will also collect player waiver forms (required of all participants!), rosters, and a signed coach concussion awareness form.
There is no charge for parking or to enter the event.
REQUIRED: PLAYER WAIVER FORMS, COACH CONCUSSION AWARENESS
ALL PLAYERS MUST TURN IN A SIGNED PLAYER WAIVER FORM IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2022 MAX FIELD HOCKEY HIGH SCHOOL NATIONAL INVITATIONAL AT THE PROVING GROUNDS.
Coaches- please collect your teams’ forms and turn them in with your roster at check-in before your first game.
If you have a team manager, please have them submit a signed waiver form as well.
ALL COACHES MUST READ THE COACH CONCUSSION AWARENESS GUIDE AND SIGN THE SIGNATURE PAGE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT YOU HAVE DONE SO.
Please submit this along with your player waiver forms at check-in before your first game.
GAMES & WARM-UPS
All games are full regulation games: 4×15 minute quarters with 2 minutes between quarters 1 and 2 and between 3 and 4, with a 10-minute half-time. We will be playing overtime if necessary and will follow the PIAA overtime rules and procedures outlined below (1x 10 minute sudden victory, 6 fields players and a gk).
We have scheduled 2 hour time blocks for each game. Teams may enter the field for warm-up once both teams have cleared the field from the previous game (please be respectful of the game and teams playing before you). At the conclusion of your game, please clean up your team’s bench area and throw out all trash before leaving the field. If you are the first game of the day or on a field and it is open, you may enter the field 1 hour prior to your game time.
Captains will be called in for a coin toss 5 minutes prior to game start time. We will not be doing the national anthem or team line-ups before games.
New in 2023: “Home Team” must provide official NFHS game balls.
There are no showers on site for teams to use.
SCHEDULE, GAME FIELD, HOME/AWAY, UNIFORMS
Please see the official game schedule (POSTED HERE) for field assignments (see field map at the top of this page) and which team is home/away and what color uniform each team will wear. Team listed first is Home/White Uniform, team listed second is Away/Dark Uniform. Fields #1-6 are identical surfaces, sizes, and have video scaffolding, bleachers, etc. We tried our best to accommodate out of town teams by alternating uniforms each day so you don’t have to do laundry. We couldn’t make it work for every single match-up/team/day, but we got it as close as we could!
OFFICIALS, SCORE TABLE & GAME BALLS
We will providing A level officials for each game.
Each field has an electronic scoreboard that we will be using. Each team must have an individual keeping a scorebook at the scorers table. The home team book will be the official book for the game and both scorers should agree on the home book at the end of the game. If you are unable to provide an individual to be at the scorers table, you can pay a fee of $30 and we will assign someone. Please let us know asap: [email protected]
Each coach must provide a complete roster to the opposing team and score table prior to each game according to NFHS rules.
OVERTIME PROCEDURE (REDUCED PLAYER [RP]) FOR REGULAR SEASON CONTESTS
NEW in 2023: If the one time out is has not been taken it can be used in OT.
1. Prior to the start of overtime, there shall be a 5 minute intermission.NEW -The RP overtime will be 10 minutes “sudden victory” [SV].7. There will be unlimited substitution. 8. A player who received a red card in regulation play may not play in the RP overtime. 9. If a player or coach receives a red card in overtime, the team will play short. 10. If a player receives a green or yellow card in overtime, the team will play short until the 2/5/10 minutes expire. 11. If a coach receives a yellow card in the overtime the team will play short until the 5 minute suspension expires. 12. If a coach receives a red card during overtime the team will play short throughout the RP over time. 13. Regular season games tied after 10 minute RP overtime stand as tied.2. The home team captain calls the coin toss and the winner chooses choice of (1) goal or (2) to take possession of the ball. 3. Teams will be limited to 6 field players and a goalkeeper. The reduced player participation is refer to as “RP” overtime. 4. If a player or coach was disqualified (red card) during the regulation game, that team must play short throughout the RP overtime. If a player was suspended with a green card during the regulation game the team shall play short until the suspension time is completed. If a player or coach was suspended with a yellow card during the regulation game the Team shall play short until the suspension time is completed. 5. Only four defenders will be allowed behind the end line on a penalty corner. 6.
Any PIAA field hockey championship game interrupted due to events beyond the control of the site game manager, such as inclement weather, shall be continued from the point of suspension at a later time during the day of competition or the next day unless it is declared an official game because one (1) complete half or more of the game has been played and one (1) team has scored the greater number of goals. The time of suspension and the location of the ball should be noted in the scorebook.
If the game is suspended at the completion of the 1st half and cannot be continued and one team is ahead in the score, that team is declared the winner.
- If the game is suspended at the completion of the 1st half and the score is tied, the game will be restarted with play beginning with the 2nd half.
- If play is suspended in the 2nd half and play is unable to be restarted and one team is ahead in the score, that team is declared the winner.
- If play is suspended in the 2nd half and the score is tied, the game will be started from the exact point where it was suspended.
- If the game is suspended during the first half, the game will be replayed from the point of suspension.
The point of suspension should be noted in the scorebook as well as the placement of the game ball and team possession.
ATHLETIC TRAINERS, WATER & ICE
There will be athletic trainers on site at all times throughout the weekend. If there are 3 or more games going at once, we will have 2 athletic trainers. When there are 6 or more games, we will have 3 athletic trainers. One trainer will arrive 60 minutes before the start of the first games (and be located by the registration tent/clubhouse), the additional trainers will arrive 15 minutes before, and all will stay through the end of play.
There will be ice at each of the athletic trainer tents. There will be an AED on site. Athletic Trainers will be tracking any potential weather and work closely with us if there is a weather issue. While they will have full supplies, we highly encourage players who regularly need to be taped to bring their own tape with them.
There will be 1 water cooler on each bench we will keep filled up at each field throughout the weekend. Players are encouraged to bring their own water bottles and refill their bottles using these when needed. We will not be providing cups.
Watch the 2023 High School National Invitational Live! Families, friends, and fans will be able to watch the event from anywhere with live streaming video for a fee. Watch live, or purchase games to watch later, and even download video on desktop, tablet, or mobile devices. Don’t miss a moment of the action.
We will be offering concessions at the main concession building between fields #1 and #2.
*No alcohol will be sold due to PIAA rules*
OFFICIAL INVITATIONAL T-SHIRTS
A limited number of Comfort Colors short sleeve and long sleeve official invitational t-shirts will be available to purchase throughout the weekend (design above). Shirts will be available for purchase at the registration/welcome tent and we will accept cash and credit cards.
Short Sleeve Shirts: $30
Long Sleeve Shirts: $35
We are excited to recognize the top performers from the weekend in two All-Tournament Teams: a First Team and Second Team! There will be 15 athletes named to each team and a minimum of 1 GK on each. Other than that, position is not a factor.
Coaches: At the conclusion of each game, please make a note of the top 2-3 performers from each team (your own and your opponents). You can hand this into us after each game or hand them all in after your final game (you may also email them to [email protected] if that is easier by the end of the night on Sunday). We will also be watching games, polling officials, scorers, college coaches and other individuals as well to determine our picks.
Selections will be announced by Tuesday, September 26th on MAXFieldHockey.com and over MAX Field Hockey’s social media channels.