As the 2017 school year comes to a close, we begin to look forward to the 2018 High School field hockey season! MAX Field Hockey will once again be your GO-TO source for High School field hockey coverage across the nation. We will have complete weekly Regional and National Team Rankings, preseason and postseason player and coach recognitions, postseason state and major conference tournament coverage and more.
Each season we cover the high school game, we aim to improve our coverage by considering feedback received in previous seasons, looking into our ranking and award processes and making sure they are producing the best results, adding new programs, and expanding existing ones. There are a couple of areas we are working on right now for Fall 2018.
- REGIONS: The breakdown of our Regions. We set our regions about 4-5 years ago when we created MAXFieldHockey.com based on what we thought made sense at the time. We are looking into the number of programs in each region, how regional rankings and player awards have worked in past seasons, how regions are broken down by other organizations and more to make sure how we have our regions broken down is the best way.
- VIDEOS: We are looking into integrating daily/weekly video interviews and features into our High School coverage. This may be the area we are most excited about for the Fall! Stay tuned for more info on this.
- PLAYER AWARD NOMINATION PROCESSES & DEADLINES: In the past, we have announced nomination processes clearly, but as we have gone through the season. This year, we will be announcing exact dates and processes clearly and ahead of time to help ensure that all involved understand when and how to nominate a player/coach.
- TEAM RANKING FEEDBACK PROCESS: We have always welcomed team ranking feedback. We already have a mechanism for high school coaches to submit feedback weekly (Our Coaches Polling). We are looking into if this is the best method or if there is an easier/more efficient way of getting consistent feedback.
- MOBILE APP: MAX Field Hockey has a new and free mobile app called The Field Hockey Network! We will be utilizing the “High School” Channel of the app to share all of our High School rankings, awards, videos, updates, and features. It will be the best and easiest way to keep up with all that is going on in the 2018 High School season. Learn More/Download it now!
Over the next week or two, we will be working through each of these areas. If you have any productive feedback you would like to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By mid-June we will communicate clearly all final updates, nomination processes and deadlines.
The following is a tentative breakdown of our anticipated Team Rankings and Player/Coach Recognitions:
2018 High School Rankings Schedule
Preseason Rankings: Tuesday, August 21
Week #1: Tuesday, September 11
Week #2: Tuesday, September 18
Week #3: Tuesday, September 25
Week #4: Tuesday, October 2
Week #5: Tuesday, October 9
Week #6: Tuesday, October 16
Week #7: Tuesday, October 23
Week #8: Tuesday, October 30
Final Rankings: Tuesday, December 4
PRESEASON PLAYER RECOGNITIONS
*To be released the week of August 27*
Regional Players to Watch
Preseason State Players of the Year
All-American Watch List
POSTSEASON PLAYER/COACH RECOGNITIONS
*To be released throughout December & January*
All-Region First & Second Teams
National All-American Teams
State, Regional & National Players of the Year
State, Regional & National Coaches of the Year